Thursday, February 15, 2007

Letting Go...

It's early on a frosty Thursday morning in NYC. Why does Winter have to be SO Cold? Ahhh...but that's not the topic this morning...though I would LOVE to let go of winter by jetting off to St. Barts for the duration.

This is a quote that I kept in my office for the last hundred years I've spent in corporate america, and it still reminds me to let go of the stuff I can't control (and controlling how things go isn't an issue for the rest of you, is it??!)

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense". by Emerson.

2 comments:

Rachel Glickman said...

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Great quote. Reminds me of one I just copied out of the book 'Chasing Daylight' (book worth reading) and posted on my wall:
"The only decision to focus on is the one you are still able to make."
It's so easy to fall into the zone of analysis or angst over choices/decisions that are done and gone.