Sunday, March 18, 2007

Rage and Sadness and Bears, oh my...

What a lousy heading, no? But...I have been wandering between those first two powerful emotions for about two weeks now. First -- sadness around loss and THEN this past week I found myself raging at some poor sap in India who happened to answer my call (a fraud unit in India??) when I found out my entire checking account had been zapped by a new scam --- making micro debit withdrawals in miniscule amounts until there is nothing left. Citibank had actually allowed this scam to zap $4,000 OVER and above the amount in my checking account. Not only had Blizzard.com (the fraud front) made over 1,000 debits of $19.92,$19,99, 22.49 etc ...but Citibank had not blocked it until I went in to make my debit!!! A new scam which quietly eats away at your account until the final 3 days when they go in for the whole thing. Here's the thing...NOW when I'm not in rage or sadness...I'll need to be in hawk paranoia state to make sure that my identity or credit or dog aren't stolen by some mystery ick people who prey on those of us that aren't super watchful. So here's the moral of the story...Check your backs. Check your bank accounts. And....when that's all good...Check your mood. There is way worse stuff that can happen, so celebrate the days when you're feeling great, your kid is cuddly, your dog is happy, your family and friends are healthy and your pockets are full. You never know what's around the corner...so gratitude for a day that's good, great, without drama...is a day to celebrate. That's my only way out of the rage and sadness, no?

1 comment:

gfrog57 said...

This is really scary!! Is this kind of thing still going on? Did you bank say how they allowed this to happen? Are they taking any responsibility for this?