Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Car 54 Where are You?

So...yesterday morning I dialed 911 (ok, I admit it was to find the address of my precinct, NOT an emergency...but they didn't know that!) and I GOT A RECORDING. HELLOOOOOOOOO...aren't they supposed to be the guys who jump on white horse/cars and rescue us in a minute. Rescue in minute! How is that possible if you get a 6 second recording?? I had to go file a police report for Grand Larceny to further prove the value, size etc. that was stolen from my bank account. But sitting in the police office for an hour is quite a trip...if you've never done it. First of all-- they need a bit of an upgrade. Not just on their dowdy uniforms (just kidding) BUT...my two biggest observations were these: Number 1-- They had two guys in the office trying to figure out what VIRUS they had on their computers. I asked if they had virus software and they didn't know. HELLO...you're a police station. If someone steals your information we are all screwed. Number 2-- They had a 'block' on on line games. Okay...the funny thing about that is this. The SCAM front is AN ON LINE GAME. So the detectives have to leave to figure it out. They are concerned some of the guys will abuse their game priviledges. Go figure!
Just wonder sometimes who makes the really big decisions out there. Hopefully...this is the end of my scam reporting live from Musings from the Matress.

1 comment:

gfrog57 said...

I hear you! I wonder why seemingly simple things have become so enormously complicated. I think it's technology, which is of course an amazing thing, but it has contributed disproportionately to the vast frustration of modern life. If we try to fight it, we lose. But accepting it is hard. As for who is making the big decisions; I don't think anyone wants the responsibility of making decisions any more - there's too much downside; so every decision needs to be made by committee, which takes forever. I know I'm ranting, but I feel your pain.